Years ago, I wrote a detailed post on getting Lisp running on Mac OS X. It remains one of my most-read posts, which is kind of cool, although that worries me a bit; a lot has changed since then, and I have no idea if it’s still the way to do it.
I have recently decided to try some things in Clojure, and I decided to set up my Surface Pro 3 with Clojure. This turned out to be a bit more difficult than I expected, actually; there’s a pretty good description at clojure-doc.org, but it didn’t work out of the box for me. You can Bing or Google for people’s setups, and that lead me closer to getting it working, but it was still pretty fiddly. Anyway, here’s what I did.